EA Sports released a brand new patch for Madden NFL 17 today. The tenth name update since launching, the patch of now is loaded with gameplay changes and bug fixes.
One problem the patch fixes is when trying run, where the ball would bounce off the arms of a receiver -after-catches; this led to interceptions or falls, but that should be less likely now.
One of the changes that are gameplay that are bigger is the fact that you can no longer flick the R-stick to pump fake when you are outside the pocket. With the update employed, using the R-stick will always throw the ball away after leaving the pocket.
Another remarkable change has to do with hit stick gear. After trying a hit stick tackle, there's now a greater likelihood of broken gear. EA said in the patch notes this might make you think twice, as you will see a larger hazard of the runner.
Moreover, the new Madden NFL 17 patch addresses how lower-rated offensive lines could be "too powerful" against better defensive lines. "This change may also make top-notch OL more efficient against lower rated D-line," EA said.
You are able to observe the full patch notes beneath, compiled by PastaPadre and as rounded up.
The 2016-2017 NFL season ended earlier this month. EA's yearly Madden Super Bowl simulation correctly predicted that the New England Patriots would come from behind and defeat the Atlanta Falcons to win Super Bowl LI.
Madden NFL 17 February 14 Patch Notes:
- Removed the ability to flick the R-Stick to pump fake when the player is outside of the pocket. Right Stick will now always throw ball away in these situations.
- Fixed a legacy issue where defensive linemen would be called for encroachment when offense was using no huddle.
- Addressed an issue where receivers would have the ball bounce off their arms when attempting RAC catches leading to drops or tip picks.
- Fixed issue where QBs could not match tackles after throwing an interception.
- Fixed an issue where the user drop down banner was precluding player stat drop downs
- Removed user drop down banners for user catch, finesse, and power moves due to high frequency being distracting.
- Fixed a bug where a safety banner would fire every time a pass was intercepted in the end zone.
- Fixed a grieving tactic where offense could trigger infinite offsides penalties to extend the game.
- Made some zone coverage adjustments to improve an issue where C Routes were overpowered when run on the wide side of the field with a TE on the line of scrimmage.
- Increased frequency of broken tackles that can trigger from hit sticks. This will add more risk to going for hit stick tackles.
- Fixed CPU punters kicking high into the wind, causing short punts.
- Fixed a short delay that could rarely occur when attempting to snap the ball.
- Fixed a variety of ‘players freezing’ issues when coming out of blocking interactions.
- Tuned up fumble chances on ‘precision dive over top’ and increased the Tier requirements to perform the elite version of this mechanic.
- Fixed issue where free offensive linemen would not react to nearby defender who beat a block.
- A variety of pass block targeting issues resolved.
- Fixed several encroachment bugs from aligning and sliding the defense in pre-play.
- Addressed a rare issue where defenders could get into a state where they could not be blocked.
- Fixed an issue where turning the pass accuracy slider to 0 would have very little impact in game.
- Fixed a turbo blitz off the edge that was specific to players in a 4 point stance.
- Addressed an issue where a DB in press coverage would not be able to defend a player locked user WR hot routed to a smoke screen
- Tuned a variety of issues related to community feedback that lower rated offensive line was too effective against an elite defensive line. This change will also make elite OL more effective against lower rated D-line.
- Addressed feedback that various online modes played at different game speeds. All online game speeds now consolidated to run at normal game speed.
- Addressed an issue where a user in an online game could disconnect/concede and result in a crash for the opponent.
- Addressed an issue where a timeout call on the pause menu could lead to camera settings being switched. This was also used as a grieving tactic to reset opponents camera.
- Fixed an issue where user settings would be reset to defaults in a play a friend game. This includes the auto flip setting defaulting to on.
- Fixed CFM issue where user would receive an Invite Error Popup when trying to invite another user to a Franchise game.